The prayers and support of individuals from CtR and from CtR as a whole have been such an encouragement to us. We can't thank you enough for your support and for your prayers and partnership with us. We're grateful to have an opportunity to share with you how God has been at work answering your prayers.
1. We are now meeting at First Baptist Church (Lafayette St and Ocean Ave) in South Salem, Saturdays at 4:30 p.m. for Eucharist and a simple meal. We've met there over the summer, but are pleased to have officially and publicly opened the doors in September! Please join us in giving thanks to God for his provision of not only a beautiful space to gather and worship, but a church partnership with First Baptist. We have already partnered with them this summer at two events and we thank God for his people in this congregation who have made us feel welcome and who are eager to work together, noticing and joining in on God's work in South Salem. Please also spread the word! Come visit us if you haven't and tell those who are in Salem or have a desire to be here and minister with us about our services. We're praying for more people to join us, both Christian leaders and those who do not yet know Jesus.
Specifically we are praying for a worship leader, someone to lead our Children's Ministry, a treasurer and someone (or several people) with the gift of evangelism. Would you please join us in asking God to provide these people for his church here. We want to trust God for those He is calling to serve Him in any of these ways.
2. We are also looking for people to join and serve with us on what we are calling a SWAT Team (Servants Willing And Temporary). These friends would .....
3. This fall we are initiating several activities including a Women's group (called Oasis) on Wednesday nights and regular morning prayer (M/W/F at 6:30 am). Please feel free to join us and spread the word to those who might like to be with us for any of these events. (You can check out our website for all the details - www.crossroads-salem.org)
4. We are praying about other outreach opportunities: possibly joining with First Baptist (FBC) in a community outreach to young students via tutoring, developing partnerships with campus groups at Salem State, and possibly participating in something called "the Jesus Course." There are many opportunities for us to share the gospel, serve the community and provide activities for our community and we desperately need the Holy Spirit's guidance as we seek to fully engage while developing healthy rhythms of rest and work. Please pray for us in that process!
5. We are actively seeking to develop prayer partners - both individuals and churches who will commit to praying for us. Our (admittedly) ambitious goal is to raise 1,000 partners (between people and churches) who will pray for us regularly, who will receive regular communication from us, and for whom we would commit to pray on a regular basis. Would you please pray with us, for God to provide those people? If you would like to be one of those 1,000 would you please email Jennifer (email@example.com) so that we can make our communication more effective. Would you please also forward this to those who might be willing to be in prayer for us? When you contact Jennifer, please also let her know how we can pray for you, as specifically as you want. We're in the process of developing infrastructure that will facilitate regular and faithful prayer for our prayer partners.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support that have meant so much to us already! We have felt loved and cared for by our friends at Christ the Redeemer, by First Baptist Church here in Salem, by the Harbor in Beverly, and by many individuals who have been so supportive. God is truly at work here in South Salem, and we are just beginning to see what He is up to. Know that you are a vital part of it, and that we value your love and friendship, and your prayers.
Nate+, Kristen+ and Jennifer, for Crossroads Church